WHCF Prayer & Praise
At WHCF, we are passionate about praying for the needs of our listening family. Prayer is an important part of living life together. This is why we want to partner with you in prayer. We encourage you to submit your own prayer requests or pray for the current prayer requests of other listeners. "Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
CURRENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Pray for Mark again. A while back we prayed for him as he was in a life threatening situation with his heart brought on my alcohol and drugs. Pray he will make the choice for life now and get help with his addictions and find Jesus.
- Pray for Alan who is also battling addiction. God has spared his life numerous times and it is extremely difficult on his aging parents.
- Pray for Peggy who has stage 4 cancer.
- Pray for Lisa's Dad and daughter to come to know the Lord.
- Eric-Terrific Tuesday. Giving thanks for getting thru testifying in court yesterday.
- Pray for DJ holmes-six years old getting tonsils out today.
- Pray for Amy’s family-she passed away mother’s day.
- John and two sons need a place to live. Pray God will open the door so he can have a place to go to.
- My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now, we have known another for 2 years.I am saved, he is not. He is interested in God and has been going to services and doing bible studies with me. Last night we had a big talk about the wall with Christ and I am praying for his salvation. He wants to learn more and is seeking God. My prayer is that God enters his heart and transforms his mind. I know he has a calling on life! Also to give me the strength to be encouraging! His name is Jacob my name is Bethany. Please keep our names anonymous. Thank you! I appreciate all that you guys do!!!
- Pray for Seth Coates' dad, Mike, this morning, needing some heart valve repair work at 7. All my prayer warriors, please lift him up in prayer. Thank you.-Pastor Dill at Maine Coast Baptist
- Pray for Beth’s family and friends as she passed away Saturday.
- Donald Jones lost his brother yesterday. Pray for the Jones family.
- Becky lost her grandmother and she was her caretaker for a long time. Pray for her and her family as they grieve.
- Deb Flint-"I will say goodbye and celebrate the life of a childhood friend. This man was kind and loving to all who knew him. He was one of those people I called Uncle but wasn't related by human blood, but we are part of a forever family. I will miss you " Uncle John" John Scates. You are finally Home".
- Marianne-new program at her work. Pray for her to work well with all the changes.
- A lady asked for prayer as person has come into her life. She has some mental issues and is of another faith. She needs prayer to be strong and not let this person invade her life and not let her stress her out with her issues.
- Praise for a lady who is doing better from surgery.
- Barbara praises God for feeling better after surgery, for being able to still drive and live on her on, and for Him being there with her all the time.
- Pray for Debbie who has broken her big toe, is in lots of pain, can't wear her shoes and needs a quick recovery.
- Pray for David Duncan who has had multiple procedures for his heart and is in need of healing. Pray for his wife Sally who needs strength every day as his care taker.
- Please keep praying-Our friend Dennis, battling with a brain tumor for about two years, received unwelcome news last week of an active tumor in two areas, one on the left behind where the original tumor was, and the other between the two spheres, a spot that has looked suspicious for awhile. Please pray for successful efforts to get the active tumor under control and preferably kill it, and for strength and courage for Dennis and his devoted wife, Karen. They make the long trek from mid-Coast Maine to Boston regularly and it is and has been a long-haul for them.
- From John Cuozzo-Dear friends in Massachusetts recently received urgent help from Sikhumbuzo Vundla, COO of the Episcopal Diocese of Haiti, to clear critically-needed medications through last-minute Haitian customs snafus to enable a medical mission to successfully proceed. Living and working in Port-au-Prince, Vundla and his wife, Hawa, and their three young children suffered a brutal violent home invasion and robbery attempt on April 25. The attempted robber broke into their home and violently attacked the family with a corrosive liquid. Vundla and one child were burned slightly, but Hawa suffered serious injury to her face and body. Treatment options are limited in Haiti, and made more complicated by the lack of medical insurance. A treatment plan enabled transport of Hawa to the US for ongoing care in a special burns unit in Memphis, TN.Hawa underwent plastic surgery on May 8 to remove some damaged tissue. Doctors report that surgery went well, with no complications. This situation typically requires a series of surgeries in order to remove damaged tissue and make repairs. The eye doctors were also able to examine her thoroughly while she was under anesthesia. There appears to be damage to both of her eyes, with the right eye having been more severely burned than the left. Only time will tell what the long-term effects will be, but initial reports indicate that she may be able to retain partial vision in one or both eyes. Hawa's sisters (Isabelle and Esperance) are with her in Memphis. Vundla and the children are in Port-au-Prince. At this point, it looks as if Hawa will need to be in hospital for at least one month, so a temporary apartment has been arranged for her family. They plan to stay for the near future, but much more will be known as time passes. Your prayers and support are, as always, so very appreciated.
- Pray for a military veteran recovering from a car accident and has nerve damage and much pain. Please pray the doctors can help him.
- Pray for Pastor Randy who owns a home in Vermont they are hoping to sell. They have wanted to sell it for 10 years. He is going to Vermont for a week to work on the home and prepare it for sale. Pray this time it will sell and they an be out from under this responsibility.
- Pray for Rich who has been battling cancer for a year and has received a negative diagnosis. His Mom says they believe in God's report however.
- Pray for a women who is very ill and feels she is under great spiritual attack and feels her town and community are as well.
- Pray for the family of a U.S. Navy SEAL Senior Chief Special Warfare Operator Kyle Milliken, 38, from Maine who was killed in combat Friday. He is being remembered as a “hometown hero,” father, husband and teammate in the Maine community where he was raised.
- Pray for a lady who sees the doctor tomorrow for test results for heart issues.
- Praise-Pricilla came thru the surgery well and is recovering at home now.
- Pray for a father and husband and his kids as they are going thru a difficult time.
- Pray for Pricilla who is having breast cancer surgery this morning at 9am. Pray for her continued recovery.
- Pray for Ruth and her family. She lost her mother after a long battle with cancer. She will now be guardian of her younger down syndrome brother.
- Pray for a person who is in shock after a family altercation. Pray there can be a resolution to the problem.
- Pray for Barbara who is recovering from hernia surgery and still cannot eat well.
- Pray for a couple making a decision on housing.
- Pray for college students wrapping up final exams.
- Pray for Arlene who is battling her third round of cancer.
- Pray for a person who want to the right thing regarding a situation with his wife and her family. He asks for wisdom to say and do what is Godly and not be overcome by worldly thought and speech.
- Pray for Amy who is in her last days after battling cancer.
- Pray for Samantha, 33, who has cervical.
- Pray for Jim who has had two strokes and pneumonia and has blood clots in his lungs and his right leg now.
- A Dad asks for prayer for his son who has wondered away from the Lord, and will be facing a court date tomorrow that could take his driver's license away which would lead to his loosing his job. His Dad ask they you pray for God's mercy upon him and that he would turn to Christ once again.
- Pray for Cindy's Mom who is ill and not having a good day today.
- Pray for Ruth and her family as they grieve the loss of her mother and now assume responsibility for her mentally challenged brother.
- Pray for Barbara who has been struggling with a cough from a sinus infection and is recovering from hernia surgery. She has been put on an antibiotic.
- Pray for a person who is asking the Holy Spirit to fill him so that he will keep a Godly perspective and not have a manly, worldly outlook on a situation with his wife and her family. He needs help not to make the situation worse but to allow God to take care of what's going on and has been going on.
- Bret and Miranda have a very important decision to make and are asking for prayer and guidance.
- Pray for a couple looking to buy a home and needing to find a place to live soon.
- Since two back to back recent deaths in our family - one who was saved, one who was not - our son G. is in great emotional pain. His wife A. has so many of her own issues stemming from a horrible childhood, that instead of comforting G., she created a false chaos within his little family - which consists of our only two precious grandbabies - and ended up with her in a fit of rage, & resulted in her hurting their baby. It was an accident, and her remorse is real, but G. cannot let it go and it's turned an already fragile relationship into a death knoll. I am pleading for PRAYER for our son G. and A. Our son G is an Iraqi war vet and has overcome more obstacles than we thought humanly possible. But these deaths, which were my beloved last sibling Colleen, G's godmother whom he loved deeply, and her husband were just days apart, and it's triggered such raw emotion in our family that the devil is having a field day with some of us. PLEASE, join me in asking our King Jesus to intervene? It's imperitive to the welfare of two small Innocents who cannot fathom what's occuring in their little world. Thank you, sincerely, in His Name I send gratitude. Cate
- Pray for Karen who has an infection now after a procedure.
- Doug asked us to pray for his wife who is experiencing extreme back pain and has to work.
- Matt is headed for Canada from Howland and is afraid he may not have enough gas to get back home. Pray God will meet his need.
- Sharon asked us to pray for her nephew, her sister Kay's son, Joshua who has 2 broken vertebrae after a car accident.
- Pray for Sharon Hutchinson's family as she lost her younger brother, Danny. He did know the Lord and she looks forward to seeing him again one day.
- Amanda fell down her stairs this morning but thankfully there are no broken bones but she is on rest 3 days and watching for concussion.
- Marta has an appointment with the doctor today and would appreciate your prayers as she is still having issues after a serious car accident a few months ago.
- Kate asks for prayers for her children, especially Guage and his wife as they are having marital issues and need the Lord at the center of their lives and their marriage.
- Barbara needs prayer for healing as she is still having trouble swallowing and eating after a hernia operation. She has lost a great deal of weight and is also having some chest pain.
- Lisa has a heavy heart for unsaved family especially her Dad. Also for her daughter, Suzanne, and Amanda, Kim, Jason and Steve.
- Pray for the stability of our country.
- Rosemary's Rheumatologist reports that my lungs are healing, lesions are healed, no nodules only some fibrosis! Praising God for this news!
- Pray for Elizabeth who cares for her husband and has her own health issues, but praises Got in the midst of her storms and she has been asked to lead a Bible study group at the facility where she and her husband live and where people do not get to go to church and have a church community support. Ask God to be with her as she leads this study.
- Eric praises Got today for his Uncle who raised him after his mother died when he was only one-and- a-half, and he is thankful for the influence this man has had on him all his life.
- Pray for a man whose wife is going through some very difficult things with her family right now. They involve financial matters as well as matters of the heart. He says she is trying to do it all herself, and he wants to be there for her, but she doesn't seem to want to work at this or other things together. Please pray that she will find herself wanting to be on the "same page" as her husband.
- Praises that Rosemary is home from the hospital but she has had a tough stay and conflicting information at her release. Pray for her health and recovery from repitory-heart issues.
- Rob is still seeking reconcillation with his ex wife after two years and wants prayer that it still might happen. He has changed many ways and needs prayer to continue to stay on a good path following Jesus. He asks for prayer for his ex-wife's heart to be open to him once again and to be forgiving. He says she needs the Lord in her life as well.
- Pray for the woman who recently had hernia surgery. She is still having problems swallowing and needs to eat and gain strength so that she can continue to be in her home alone. She has just gotten out of rehab. she has lost 30lbs since this all began.
- Pray for Allen who is an alcoholic and drug user. He has destroyed his life, is now facing physical ailments related to his alcoholism and is a big problem his parents deal with daily. He needs salvation and healing.
- Pray for a woman whose mother called to say she is dealing with a husband who left her for another woman after 19 years and she is moving away from the area now. She needs hope and healing.
- Pray for a couple in mediation today for an upcoming divorce. Pray they may reconcile as a child is involved and they are trying to work on their own lives. They both need God and the salvation and healing Jesus can give.
- Pray for Rob as he is still hurting and dealing with divorce that he didn't want. He asks for prayers for his former wife as he says she is living in worldly ways and listening to unsaved persons in her life. He asks for strength and courage for both of them and that her heart may be open to him once again that they might reconcile the marriage with God's help.
- Pray for Rob in the loss of his grandmother. He is still grieving.
- Pray for Mark who has medical problems and has grown bitter and will not have contact with anyone. Pray he will know that God loves him, his family loves him and that he can open up and let God heal his hurt and pain as well as his body.
- Continue to pray for Laurie as she is still heartbroken over he husband leaving her 4 years ago
- Rosemary is in the hospital again. She says her lungs are not doing well which does not allow her heart to pump the way it should.
- Pray for Ben who has the flu and just had surgery on his leg recently. His system is weak. Pray for his wife, Kathy, that she will not get the flu as she is on medications with health issues of her own.
- Pray for a man with two children who needs a place to live. Pray that God will open the door for him to have the opportunity to get a a place for him and his children to live.
- Pray for Laurie who has been separated from her husband of 38 years for 4 years now. There has been no divorce, but her husband has gone off with a much younger woman. She has been asking God to deliver him from this relationship and give him a fresh love in his heart for her. She feels lost, hurt, broken, and needs healing. She continues to pray for God to restore the marriage.
- Praise from a man who says he left his wife and six children for another woman but God restored him back into his marriage and even now has a ministry. He wanted to offer hope to Laurie.
- Another lady is going thru almost the same thing as Laurie and is praying for reconciliation after a split up after 19 years of marriage as her husband has gone off with another woman.
- Pray for Sharon's brother, Jim, as he had a stroke a few months ago and has had a mini stroke. He went to the hospital last might and is in a great deal of pain.
- Previously I had asked for prayer that my wife and I might be able to reconcile our marriage. That was in August of 2015. At the time of the request we were separated, and living in two different towns about 30 minutes away from each other. During this time we begrudgingly shared custody of our 3 kids, as we both were fighting for sole custody. We were reconciled in December of 2015 by God's amazing grace, after being so close to going through with a nasty divorce. We completed some counseling, and things have been going very well since. Through those circumstances I learned just how powerful prayer is, and how well it works. This is why I am requesting prayer now as we are working on our financial situation, and actively working to become debt free as we move forward in our marriage. That we can better follow God to wherever he may lead us. Thank you for your prayers as they are greatly important to us, and hopefully I can pray for you as well. -Ethan
- Pray for a lady who is having heart issues and is dealing with lots of fluid. Pray she will get into the doctor soon.
- Praise from Jeff who had asked us to pray for Chris a few weeks back. He was in a severe car accident but is recovering well now and thanks to everyone who has been praying.
- A lady who has been struggling with pneumonia has not been improving and her doctor is now checking for heart issues. Pray for healing.
- Continue to pray for Tammi having severe leg pain and on her feet at work. Pray for doctors to find out what's causing the pain and that she would receive healing from the pain.
- A person called and asked for prayer for his spouse today. She is going through some family difficulty and a delicate situation that is going to make this a tough day. But the ultimate hope is that this ordeal will show these family members how much they need Jesus in their lives.
- Pray for Linda who is battling cancer.
- Dawn needs guidance and direction about applying for a job within her own organization. It's an extremely responsible position and it would be difficult navigating some of the management personalities.
- Pray for Elizabeth who is struggling with health issues that the doctors can't seem to diagnose. She spent days in the hospital without them finding out why she is weak and ill. Pray for her and her husband as she is the caretaker for him and he has Alzheimer's disease.
- I am praising God today that I have found a piece of equipment that I thought was lost, it would have cost $325 to replace it. Praise God! Also my arm is feeling a little better! Thank you for your prayers! - (email from Lisa from Ellsworth)
- Hello, I just love your station and I play it at work when I can. It has raised a few eyelids so I am sure Christ is using you to witness for Him. My wife and I are having some financial difficulties and would love for you to pray that the Lord would provide the way to adjust our income. Thank you so much. - ((email from a listener from Backyard Farms)
- Janice from Stockton called to thank everyone for the prayers for her brother who has battled cancer over the past couple of years and went home to be with the Lord this week. Please pray for her and her family as they grieve this loss.
- Lisa asks for prayer for her unsaved family who deal with health issues, and she has a personal request regarding an argument with her fiance. She would like for them to resolve an issue between them.
- Pray for Tammi who has extreme pain in her legs and feet and is on them a lot for her work. Pray the doctors can properly diagnose and treat her and that God might heal her from this.
- Pray for Tina who has been diagnosed with pneumonia and is need of resting and taking it more easy.
- Pray for Ruth whose mother has been sent home with hospice after a battle with cancer. Ruth also has a mentally retarded brother who doesn't understand all that is going on and they are trying to work with him about why his mother stopped visiting him in the home where he resides.
© 2017 Lighthouse Radio Network
1476 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401
1476 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401